1. Name: Sao
2. Birth date: Nov 5, 1989
3. First Poppy Book: Exquisite Corpse
4. Favorite Poppy Book: Tied between Drawing Blood and Exquisite Corpse. Depends on which one I've reread most recently.
5. Favorite Character (any works): Andrew Compton and Zachary Bosch. I will refuse to choose between those two.
6. First Encounter: A friend of mine (now girlfriend) was making everyone in our little friends circle read Exquisite Corpse. I was one of the few who really, really liked it. It was totally out of my sphere of experience. Therefore, I was also one of the only ones who came back asking for more, and received Drawing Blood in return. Proceeded to Lost Souls. From there... Well, I went out and had to buy my own. Discovered Wormwood in the bookstore and had to buy that. Girlfriend recently obtained Liquor and even more recently Prime, and I'm still waiting to read that one.
7. Compare Anne Rice and Poppy Z. Brite: I read Anne Rice so long ago, it's hard to do. I do know that while some might say they're in the same genre, they just feel so entirely different that I don't even really classify them the same. Their vampires are on the opposite ends of the spectrum of sexuality, though, which is the most interesting contrast, in my opinion.
8. What character reminds you of yourself the most: If I had to pick, it would probably be G-man from Liquor. He seems much more easygoing than any of the previous characters, which is my defining trait. I have compared my girlfriend and I to Jay and Andrew, though.
9. If you could ask her any question, what would it be: What is the secret to writing descriptive prose?
10. Do you look like Poppy: Umn. No.
11. Has anything in your life mirrored an event in a book or story: Not that I can bring to mind. I think I like it partially because it is so far out of my experience.
12. Do you know anyone like a character from a book or story: Again, other than a simile using Jay and Andrew for my girlfriend and I, not really.
13. Do you wish anything in a book or story would happen to you or anyone else: Not really. I would like to visit New Orleans, though.
14. What would you like to see from Poppy in the future: Anything. I love it all and I will read it all. I loved the horror for the sheer gory brilliance of it, but I love her writing because it's beautiful.